- Back-to-school education tax credits
You may be able to claim a tax credit for higher education costs.
- Some education costs are tax-deductible
Certain costs for higher education are deductible for eligible taxpayers.
- Are you eligible for a credit or deduction?
Find out by using this IRS online tool. It could save you money.
- Update on the “Get Transcripts" incident
An IRS review of filing season 2015 has provided more information.
- Questions and Answers on Get Transcript
Q&As explain the online tool and steps the IRS is taking to protect taxpayers.
- Aplicación “Ordenar Transcripción”
Lea nuestra declaración sobre la aplicación Ordenar Transcripción en línea.
- Combating ID theft and refund fraud
Our new processes help prevent refund fraud, investigate ID theft crimes and help victims.
- Taxpayer Guide to Identity Theft
Learn about tax-related ID theft, what happens if you’re a victim and what to do about it.
- IRS and partners fight ID theft
IRS, public and private sectors are jointly fighting identity theft refund fraud, protecting taxpayers.
- File now or risk advance payments of the PTC
File your 2014 tax return as soon as possible to keep 2016 advance payments.
- IRS sends letters with filing reminders
Letters 5591, 5591A and 5596 remind you to file your tax return and Premium Tax Credit form.
- Are you eligible for the PTC?
Use this interactive tool to determine your eligibility.