National Taxpayer Advocate's 2010 Annual Report to Congress!
The Most Serious Problems Encountered by Taxpayers: Top Five Issues
1. The Time for Tax Reform is Now
2. The IRS Mission Statement Does Not Reflect the Agency's Increasing Responsibilities for Administering Social Benefits Programs
3. IRS Performance Measures Provide Incentives that May Undermine the IRS Mission
4. The Wage & Investment Division is Tasked with Supporting Multiple Agency-Wide Operations, Impeding its ability to Serve its Core Base of Individual Taxpayers Effectively
5. IRS Policy Implementation Through Systems Programming Lacks Transparency and Precludes Adequate Review