Struggling with Paying Your Taxes? Let IRS Help You Get a Fresh Start.
The Internal Revenue Service’s Fresh Start initiative makes it easier for individual and small business taxpayers to pay back taxes and avoid tax liens. The Fresh Start initiative fundamentally changes IRS Collection practices in the following areas:
- Fresh Start Notice of Federal Tax Liens
- Fresh Start Installment Payment Agreements
- Fresh Start Offer in Compromise
- IRS Commissioner’s May 21, 2012, Fresh Start announcement.
- IRS Commissioner’s March 7, 2012, Fresh Start announcement
- IRS Commissioner’s February 24, 2011, Fresh Start announcement
- IRS Begins Tax Season 2009 with Steps to Help Financially Distressed Taxpayers. Promotes Credits, e-File Options (IR-2009-2)
- IRS Speeds Lien Relief for Homeowners Trying to Refinance, Sell (IR-2008-141)