Webinars for Tax Practitioners
The IRS broadcasts webinars on a variety of subjects aimed at educating tax professionals on issues affecting them and their clients. The webinars are free and often offer continuing education (CE) credit for enrolled agents.
ACA and Identity Theft Phishing Scams Webinar - June 26, 2015
ACA Small Business Health Care Tax Provisions Webinar - July 22, 2015
Correspondence Exam: How to respond to notices from the campus Webinar - June 4, 2015
Practicing Before the IRS – Circular 230 A to Z Rebroadcast (Nationwide) Webinar - June 17, 2015
ACA and Identity Theft Phishing Scams
The IRS is presenting a webinar for the residents of Maryland, North Carolina, South Carolina and Virginia on navigating IRS.gov to utilize resources dealing with Identity Theft and Phishing Scams as well as ACA 5000A - Individual Shared Responsibility Provisions.
Registration: Contact Evelyn Williamson; Phone: 336-574-6403; Email: Evelyn.Williamson@irs.gov
Sponsored By: South Atlantic North Carolina Stakeholder Liaison
Date: June 26, 2015
Time: 10:00 a.m. - 11:30 a.m. (Eastern Time)
ACA Small Business Health Care Tax Provisions
The IRS is presenting a webinar for residents of California, Hawaii and Nevada on small business tax issues including Affordable Care Act Tax Provisions: Small Business Health Care Tax Credit.
Registration: Email SL.Western@irs.gov and note "ACA Webinar 7-22-15" in the subject line. Space is limited, so reserve your space today!
Sponsored By: Internal Revenue Service, Department of Labor and Covered California
Date: July 22, 2015
Time: 10:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. (Pacific Time)
Correspondence Exam: How to respond to notices from the campus
This presentation is for tax practitioners who want to know more about responding to Internal Revenue Service notices. This one hour webinar will provide information about how the correspondence examination process works.
- How to respond to Notice 75, Request for Documents
- What to do when you receive a notice for the Premium Tax Credit
- If you receive Notice 5071C, is there ID Theft
A Certificate of Completion will be issued for attendees who attend a minimum of 50 minutes. CE credit will be offered to Enrolled Agents and for practitioners in the Annual Filing Season Program. Each attendee must use a separate phone line in order to receive CE credit. To register for this event, visit the IRS Conference Event Central website.
Date: June 4, 2015
Time: 10:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. (Central Time)
Practicing Before the IRS – Circular 230 A to Z Rebroadcast (Nationwide)
This FREE 2½-hour broadcast is for all tax professionals. Join us for Director Hawkins’ last national event before she retires.
- Recent changes to the regulations governing tax practice before the IRS (Circular 230 Rev. 6/2014)
- Due diligence obligations of tax professionals
- Overview of other key Circular 230 provisions
- Practitioner responsibilities to their clients and to the Tax Administration System
- Best Practices for all tax professionals
- Office of Professional Responsibility (OPR) Policies and Procedures
- Live Q&A session with Karen Hawkins, Director of OPR
Certificates of completion are being offered. Earn up to: 2 CE credits – Ethics and 1 credit – Federal Tax.
NOTE: CE credit is available to those who did not earn it for the January 14, 2015 rebroadcast.
Registration: Visit the Internal Revenue Service Webinar Registration website.
This event will be archived on the IRS Video Portal for later viewing approximately three weeks after the date of the event.
Date: June 17, 2015
Time: 2:00 p.m. (ET); 1:00 p.m. (CT); 12:00 p.m. (MT); 11:00 a.m. (PT)
Contact: SB/SE Webinars; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Sponsored By: Internal Revenue Service
Other Video Outreach Products
- The IRS Video Portal contains video and audio presentations on topics of interest to small businesses, individuals and tax professionals. You will find video clips of tax topics, archived versions of live panel discussions and webinars.
Continuing Education Credit
To receive a certificate of completion, you must:
- View the live presentation for at least 50 minutes from the start of the program.
- View the presentation while signed in using the same email address that you used to register (you will not receive credit by watching on someone else’s computer). This will confirm your attendance and generate your certificate of completion.
- Register individually. Groups can not register with one e-mail address and then receive separate certificates. If certificates are needed, each person must register separately. Certificates of Completion are emailed approximately three weeks after the broadcast.
If you are an enrolled agent, you must register for the webinar with your PTIN. Your PTIN begins with the letter P followed by eight digits. If you don't supply a PTIN, you will receive a certificate; however, your credit will not be reported to the IRS. Other participants will be sent a certificate and may receive credit if the broadcast meets their organization's or state's CE requirements.