Webinars for Tax Practitioners
Business Taxes for the Self-Employed: The Basics - August 26, 2015
Tax Updates and Key Messages - September 23, 2015
The IRS broadcasts webinars on a variety of subjects aimed at educating tax professionals on issues affecting them and their clients. The webinars are free and often offer continuing education (CE) credit for enrolled agents.
Business Taxes for the Self-Employed: The Basics (Nationwide)
This FREE one-hour broadcast is for:
- New entrepreneurs and existing small businesses
- Small business and industry organizations
- Tax practitioners with small business clients
- Reporting profit or loss from a business or profession
- Self-employment tax and estimated tax payments
- Schedule C and C-EZ
- Deducting business expenses
- Husband and wife businesses
- Plus a live Q&A session
Certificates of completion are NOT being offered for this broadcast.
This event will be archived in the IRS Video Portal for later viewing approximately three weeks after the date of the event.
Date: August 26, 2015
Time: 2:00 p.m. (ET); 1:00 p.m. (CT); 12:00 p.m. (MT); 11:00 a.m. (PT)
Tax Updates and Key Messages
The IRS and Alabama Department of Revenue is presenting a webinar on tax updates and key messages for tax professionals. If you are a tax professional, this webinar is for you. IRS Senior Stakeholder Liaison, Nora Huffman will cover key messages from the IRS for the fourth quarter and updates on the 94x e-file Initiative. Alabama Department of Revenue Training Coordinator, Tamera Harrell will address specific key messages from the state.
Registration: Call Nora Huffman at 205-912-5255 or email Nora.Huffman@irs.gov. No continuing education credits will be provided.
Sponsored By: Internal Revenue Service and Alabama Department of Revenue
Date: September 23, 2015
Time: 10:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.
Other Video Outreach Products
- The IRS Video Portal contains video and audio presentations on topics of interest to small businesses, individuals and tax professionals. You will find video clips of tax topics, archived versions of live panel discussions and webinars.
Continuing Education Credit
To receive a certificate of completion, you must:
- View the live presentation for at least 50 minutes from the start of the program.
- View the presentation while signed in using the same email address that you used to register (you will not receive credit by watching on someone else’s computer). This will confirm your attendance and generate your certificate of completion.
- Register individually. Groups can not register with one e-mail address and then receive separate certificates. If certificates are needed, each person must register separately. Certificates of Completion are emailed approximately three weeks after the broadcast.
If you are an enrolled agent, you must register for the webinar with your PTIN. Your PTIN begins with the letter P followed by eight digits. If you don't supply a PTIN, you will receive a certificate; however, your credit will not be reported to the IRS. Other participants will be sent a certificate and may receive credit if the broadcast meets their organization's or state's CE requirements.