Arizona Tax Workshops, Meetings and Seminars
If you live near a state line, please look for tax workshops, meetings and seminars in nearby cities of the bordering state.
Basics of Federal Taxes for Your New Small Business
Avoid future headaches and costs by learning now about the basics of federal taxes for your new small business.
A series of four 2-hour workshops will cover these topics:
Session 1 – Tax Basics for Business
Date: September 22, 2015
- Get an employer identification number and if you need one
- Basic recordkeeping requirements and bookkeeping alternatives
- Which business structure might work best for your business
- What about e-filing and paying taxes electronically
Session 2 – Filing Business Taxes & Retirement Plans
Date: October 20, 2015
- Calculate the net profit or loss for your business
- Report business income and deductions on Schedule C or Schedule C-EZ
- Claim a deduction for operating your business out of your home
- Get a retirement plan for yourself and your employees
Session 3 – Employees & Contract Workers
Date: November 17, 2015
- Determine if you have employees or independent contractors
- Responsibilities if you have employees
- Responsibilities if you have independent contractors
Session 4 – Payroll Matters for Small Business
Date: December 15, 2015
- What are wages
- Calculate, pay and report payroll and withheld taxes
- Unemployment taxes
- Determine a worker’s tax status
Registration: Call Andrew Zollman at 928-373-6480 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Sponsored By: Yuma County Library
Time: 3:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Location: Yuma County Library, Meeting Room C, 2951 S. 21st Drive, Yuma, AZ 85364
Starting Your Business Series: Small Business Taxation
Learn how to effectively operate your business to avoid the mistakes made when filing your taxes. Become tax efficient, not tax deficient. Other subjects for discussion: keeping records, expenses, reporting income, current tax laws and related information. IRS supplies publications for attendees. Part of the “Starting Your Business Series” on the 2nd and 4th Thursday of the month! Kindly RSVP as seating is limited!
Date: October 8, 2015
Time: 5:30 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.
Location: Mesa Public Library - Red Mountain Branch – ThinkSpot, 635 N Power Road, Mesa, AZ 85205