IRS Live is for the tax pro in the know. A live webinar, IRS Live is a panel discussion among IRS experts and industry professionals aimed at educating tax professionals on the most current and complex tax issues affecting them and their clients. Tax professionals are encouraged to watch the free webinar and submit questions by e-mail during the webinar. Continuing education (CE) credit is often offered for Enrolled Agents who view the live broadcast.
- Currently, there are no webinars scheduled.
Other Video Outreach Products
- The IRS Video portal contains video and audio presentations on topics of interest to small businesses, individuals and tax professionals. You will find video clips of tax topics, archived versions of live panel discussions and webinars. CE credit is not offered for viewing presentations on the IRS Video portal.
- Webinars for Tax Practitioners are broadcast on a variety of subjects. Webinars for Tax Practitioners are broadcast on a variety of subjects. The webinars are free and often offer CE credit for Enrolled Agents and Registered Tax Return Preparers..
Continuing Education Credit
To receive a certificate of completion, you must:
- View the live presentation for at least 50 minutes from the start of the program.
- View the presentation while signed in using the same email address that you used to register (you will not receive credit by watching on someone else's computer). This will confirm your attendance and generate your certificate of completion.
- Register individually. Groups can not register with one e-mail address and then receive separate certificates. If certificates are needed, each person must register separately.
Certificates of Completion are e-mailed approximately three weeks after the broadcast.
If you are an Enrolled Agent, you must register for the webinar with your PTIN. Your PTIN begins with the letter P followed by eight digits. If you don't supply a PTIN, you will receive a certificate; however, your credit will not be reported to the IRS. Other participants will be sent a certificate and may receive credit if the broadcast meets their organization's or state's CE requirements.
Archived IRS Live Programs - Informative! But not eligible for CE credit.
|August 29, 2012||Authorizations: When to use the CheckBox Authorizations, Form 8821 or Form 2848|
|March 28, 2012||S Corporations: Stock Basis of the Shareholders|