Issue Management Resolution System (IMRS)
The IRS Communications and Stakeholder Outreach function has established the Issue Management Resolution System, a streamlined and structured process that facilitates stakeholder issue identification, resolution and feedback.
IMRS captures, develops and responds to significant national and local stakeholder issues. When stakeholder organizations notify the IRS of concerns about IRS policies, practices and procedures, analysts research and respond to the issues.
IMRS also identifies nationwide trends in the reporting, filing and paying requirements that may necessitate changes to IRS processes and procedures. Progress on stakeholder issues is closely monitored to assure proper response and communication to the initiating stakeholder and all impacted stakeholders.
Tax professionals should forward significant issues regarding IRS policies, practices and procedures to their Stakeholder Liaison (SL) Local Contacts.
IMRS provides three reports to let you know about issues across the country. Hot Issues contains IMRS issues and other current items of interest. The IMRS Industry Issues Quarterly Report provides a quarterly summary of IMRS issues of particular interest to small businesses. The IMRS Monthly Overview contains an update of issues opened and closed each month.
IMRS Industry Issues Quarterly Reports
- IMRS Industry Issues Quarterly Report - December 2012
- IMRS Industry Issues Quarterly Report - March 2013
- IMRS Industry Issues Quarterly Report - June 2013
- IMRS Industry Issues Quarterly Report - September 2013
IMRS Monthly Overview
- January 2013
- February 2013
- March 2013
- April 2013
- May 2013
- June 2013
- July 2013
- September/October 2013
- Issues Closed in Calendar Year 2012 Sorted by Subject
- Issues Closed in Calendar Year 2011 Sorted by Subject
- Issues Closed in Calendar Year 2010 Sorted by Subject