New York Workshops
In addition to state workshops, please visit the Small Business Taxes: Virtual Workshop page for instructional, interactive lessons designed to help new small business owners learn their tax rights and responsibilities.
Visit the IRS Video portal for video and audio presentations on topics of interest to small businesses.
If you live near a state line, please look for workshops in nearby cities of the bordering state.
Title: Starting and Managing Your Own Business
Date: July 17, 2013
Time: 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Location: Central Library, 1 Lafayette Square, Buffalo, NY 14203
Contact: Frank Uhlman; Phone: (716) 551-4301; Email: email@example.com
Event Information: A full-day workshop featuring SCORE and local expert speakers, covering business topics critical to every start-up business:
Introduction to services provided by the Small Business Administration and SCORE
- How to create a business plan
- Determining your market and how to conduct market research
- Reading and understanding financial reports
- What legal organization is best for your business and how do you minimize your liability exposure
- How to minimize your financial risk with insurance and how to select an insurance broker
- What are the federal and state tax considerations you must conform to
- How can you secure financing and what role does the SBA play
Pre-registration is required. Cost $30 (Veterans Free). This workshop is limited to 25 attendees. To register, call the Buffalo Niagara SCORE Chapter 0045 at (716) 551-4301 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sponsored by: Buffalo Niagara SCORE
Title: APA Statewide Conference
Date: September 13, 2013
Time: 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Location: Century House Restaurant, 997 New Loudon Road, Latham, NY 12110
Contact: Jim Pfeiffer; Phone: (518) 383-1411; Email: email@example.com
Event Information: This annual state-wide conference will have a diverse number of speakers including, but not limited to, the IRS and NYS Tax & Finance. These government agencies will cover the most current updates relating to the payroll industry.
Sponsored By: American Payroll Association