In addition to state workshops, please visit the Virtual Small Business Tax Workshop page for instructional, interactive lessons designed to help new small business owners learn their tax rights and responsibilities.
Visit the IRS Video portal for video and audio presentations on topics of interest to small businesses.
If you live near a state line, please look for workshops in nearby cities of the bordering state.
Title: Washington Small Business Fair (Biz Fair)
Date: September 28, 2013
Time: 8:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
Location: Renton Technical College, 3000 NE 4th Street, Renton, WA 98056
Contact Phone: (206) 220-5300; Email: email@example.com
Event Information: One day, one place, learn what you need to run a business. At the 17th Annual Biz Fair, you can learn from the experts how to form and run a successful business.
Why attend? It's priceless and free.
- Sharpen your skills - attend seminars that cover important, up-to-date topics for all stages of business ownership. Savvy business experts share their knowledge and real-life experiences with you.
- Save valuable time - visit the Exhibitor Resource Center to get the information and help you need from federal, state and local government agencies, and business and trade associations.
The fair is free, with plenty of free parking and no advance registration. Spend the day or just a few hours its well worth your time! IRS will be one of the speakers at this event discussing business income and recordkeeping. For more information, visit the Bizfair website.
Sponsored By: Biz Fair is presented by a partnership of government agencies, nonprofit business support organizations and educational institutions.
Event: Small Business Tax Workshop
Date(s): 2nd & 4th Thursday of each month
Time: 9:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.
Location: 4th & Battery Building, 2401 Fourth Avenue, Suite 450, Seattle, WA 98121
Contact: Phone: (206) 553-2664; E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Event Information: Learn about important information regarding your tax responsibilities as a small business owner.
- What taxes to pay and when they are due
- How to choose the right accountant and the right accounting software
- How to document expenses and activities
- How to take care of employee and contractor payroll taxes
- The difference between city, county, state, and federal taxation
- What the tax advantages are for the sole proprietor or for business entities in general
Event: Small Business Tax Workshops
Date(s): Varies by workshop
Time: Varies by workshop
Location: Washington Women's Business Center, 1437 S. Jackson Street, Seattle, WA 98144
Contact: Washington Women's Business Center; Phone: (206) 324-4330 ext. 100; E-mail: email@example.com
Event Information: Dates and times vary, but workshops are typically held once a quarter. Learn what every small business needs to know about filing and paying federal taxes, and how to avoid the most common tax reporting errors. Find out what taxes to pay and when they are due! The presenters are CPAs from the community. IRS will be providing small business materials and publications for these workshops. To register, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call (206) 324-4330 ext. 100. For more information, visit the Washington Women's Business Center Web site.
Sponsored by: Washington Women's Business Center