EO Update August 30, 2007
Issue Number 2007-17
In This Issue:
- Help Spread the Word - Help Small Exempt Organizations Stay Exempt
- Qualified 501(c)(3) Bonds Compliance Project
- Priority Guidance Plan - 2007-2008
- e-File Statistics
1. Help Spread the Word - Help Small Exempt Organizations Stay Exempt
Organizations, practitioners and others are encouraged to use new IRS educational tools designed for use in newsletters or on websites to ensure that their clients and constituents are aware of the new e-Postcard reporting requirement for small organizations.
2. Qualified 501(c)(3) Bonds Compliance Project
IRS' office of Tax Exempt Bonds and the Exempt Organizations Compliance Area have initiated a joint effort to evaluate the policies and procedures used by section 501(c)(3) organizations to ensure post-issuance compliance on tax-exempt debt obligations. The IRS will send compliance check questionaires to more than 200 exempt organizations with outstanding tax-exempt debt.
3. Priority Guidance Plan - 2007-2008
The Department of Treasury and Internal Revenue Service have released the
joint 2007-2008 Priority Guidance Plan. The Plan includes a number of projects of particular interest to tax-exempt organizations.
4. e-File Statistics
e-File Statistics for Year-to-Date
ending August 26, 2007
|7004 (for 1120-POL)||81|