EO Update February 14, 2008
Issue Number 2008-2
Inside This Issue
- e-Postcard Filing System Now Available
- Fact Sheet on IRS Complaint Process for Tax Exempt Organizations Issued
- IRS Issues Fact Sheet on Exempt Organization Examination and Compliance Check Processes
- IRS to Co-Sponsor Seminar on Issues in Non-Profit Governance
1. e-Postcard Filing System Now Available
Find information about the e-Postcard filing requirements and a link to the filing system on the IRS Web site.
2. Fact Sheet on IRS Consideration of Complaints About Tax Exempt Organizations Issued
FS-2008-13 describes the procedures the IRS follows in the consideration of complaints of alleged abuse of tax-exempt status by certain organizations.
3. IRS Issues Fact Sheet on Exempt Organization Examination and Compliance Check Processes
FS-2008-14 describes the tools the IRS uses to ensure that tax-exempt organizations comply with Federal law.
4. IRS to Co-Sponsor Seminar on Issues in Non-Profit Governance
Visit our Calendar of Events for information about a seminar to be provided by Georgetown Law CLE on April 23, 2008. The program is co-sponsored by Independent Sector and the IRS.