EO Update July 16, 2010
Issue Number: 2010-17
Inside This Issue:
- Reminder: Comments on New Requirements for Tax-Exempt Hospitals Due July 22
- Affordable Care Act Implementation
- Disaster Relief Resources for Charities and Contributors
- July 21 Phone Forum: Office of Professional Responsibility and Circular 230: Overview, Procedures and Priorities
1. Reminder: Comments on New Requirements for Tax-Exempt Hospitals Due July 22
Remember to submit comments on the application of the new requirements imposed on tax-exempt hospitals by Section 501(r), added to the Code by the Affordable Care Act, by July 22. Notice 2010-39 describes the new requirements and provides instructions for the submission of comments by mail or electronically.
2. Affordable Care Act Implementation
The Affordable Care Act contains some tax provisions that take effect this year and others that will be implemented during the next several years. Keep abreast of the latest information on the implementation of provisions that may affect your tax-exempt organization and find timely tips, fact sheets, news releases and legal guidance on IRS.gov.
3. Disaster Relief Resources for Charities and Contributors
In the aftermath of a disaster or in other emergency hardship situations, individuals, employers and corporations often are interested in providing assistance to victims through a charitable organization. Before disaster strikes, review the tax rules that apply. Find specialized disaster relief resources for charities and contributors on IRS.gov.
4. July 21 Phone Forum: Office of Professional Responsibility & Circular 230: Overview, Procedures and Priorities
This free phone forum for practitioners and other interested parties will provide information on OPR’s current and future jurisdiction, the complaint process, disciplinary notices and possible sanctions. Register now.