EO Update May 27, 2010
Issue Number: 2010-13
Inside This Issue:
- Comments Requested on New Requirements Imposed on Tax-Exempt Hospitals Under the Affordable Care Act
- TEGE Advisory Committee to Make Recommendations at June Meeting
- Register Now for National Tax Forums
1. Comments Requested on New Requirements Imposed on Tax-Exempt Hospitals under the Affordable Care Act
Notice 2010-39 solicits written comments on the application of certain requirements imposed on tax-exempt hospitals by new section 501(r), added to the Code by the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act. Tax-exempt hospitals must satisfy these new requirements to be described in section 501(c)(3). Comments must be submitted by July 22, 2010.
2. TEGE Advisory Committee to Make Recommendations at June Meeting
The IRS Advisory Committee on Tax-Exempt and Government Entities (ACT) will hold a public meeting on June 9 and submit recommendations to IRS Commissioner Shulman and other senior executives. The Exempt Organizations sub-group will present a report, Exempt Organizations: Getting it Right: An Online Guide to Setting Executive Compensation.
3. Register Now for National Tax Forums
Register now for the 2010 National Tax Forums to be presented in six locations around the country this summer. Attend three full days of workshops and get the latest information from IRS leadership and experts in the fields of tax law, compliance and ethics. Enjoy networking opportunities, earn CPE credits, and hear about the latest products and services for tax professionals.
Plan to attend the new Exempt Organizations seminar, Charities and their Volunteers: Working Together to Help the Public. In addition, several sessions of the popular EO Form 990 workshop will be presented at each tax forum location. This year the focus of this workshop is: Top 10 Things You Need to Know about the Form 990.