Like Share Print
Frequently Asked Questions About the Delayed Filing Season For Certain Tax-Exempt Hospital Organizations
- Does this delay affect my hospital organization?
- What if the due date for my hospital organization’s 2010 Form 990 (with Schedule H attached) is before July 1, 2011?
- What if the original due date for my hospital organization’s 2010 Form 990 (with Schedule H attached) is August 15, 2011 or later?
- How did the IRS choose which hospital organizations should be granted an automatic three-month extension without having to file Form 8868?
- My organization did not file a Form 990 with Schedule H attached for tax year 2008 or 2009 but my organization will be attaching a Schedule H to its 2010 Form 990 that is due in May. Will the IRS know my organization should be granted an automatic three-month extension?
- My hospital organization is an annual filer of Form 990 with Schedule H attached and the IRS granted my organization a three-month extension. To be safe, may my organization request a three-month extension using Form 8868, Part I?
- The IRS granted my hospital organization a three-month extension because my return due date was May 15, 2011. What if my hospital organization still needs more time to file?
Print and view all FAQs (Adobe).
Page Last Reviewed or Updated: 17-Jun-2013