Like - Click this link to Add this page to your bookmarks Share - Click this link to Share this page through email or social media Print - Click this link to Print this page
Credit counseling compliance project questions and answers
- What is the credit counseling compliance project?
- Why is the IRS focusing on credit counseling?
- What guidance does IRS provide to help credit counseling organizations determine whether their educational purpose is sufficient to obtain or preserve tax exemption under section 501(c)(3)?
- How many credit counseling organizations has the IRS examined?
- What has the IRS found during its investigation of the credit counseling industry?
- What has the IRS done to stop abuses in the credit counseling industry?
- Is the IRS still giving tax-exempt status to credit counseling organizations? If so, what steps is it taking to ensure that a credit counseling organization meets all the requirements for tax exemption?
- What is the IRS doing to increase the public’s awareness of abusive credit counseling organizations?
View and print all Frequently Asked Questions (Adobe)
Page Last Reviewed or Updated: 17-Oct-2013