EO Update February 27, 2008
Issue Number 2008-3
In This Issue
- e-Postcard Public Disclosure Site Launched
- e-Postcard Filing System Available
- Governance and Related Topics
- Workshops for Small and Mid-Sized Exempt Organizations
1. e-Postcard Public Disclosure Site Launched
Search for and view an organization’s e-Postcard or download the entire database of e-Postcard filings on the IRS website for Charities and Non-Profits.
2. e-Postcard Filing System Available
The IRS issued a news release announcing the launch of a simple electronic filing system that small tax-exempt organizations may use to comply with a new law requiring them to file an annual electronic notice.
3. Governance and Related Topics
Information about governance of charitable organizations and related topics has been posted on the Life Cycle of a Public Charity website.
4. Workshops for Small and Mid-Sized Exempt Organizations
Registration is open for one day workshops for section 501(c)(3) exempt organizations. Workshops will be held in the Washington, DC, area; Austin, Texas and Columbus, Ohio, in April and May.
Preregistration is required.