EO Update June 2, 2008
In This Issue:
- TEGE Commissioner Steven T. Miller Speaks About Charities and Politics
- Sign up Now: Phone Forum on Election Year Rules for EOs
- Advisory Committee to Meet, Welcome New Members
- Comments on Draft Redesigned 990 Instructions
- e-File News
1. TEGE Commissioner Steven T. Miller Speaks About Charities and Politics
Listen to or read an interview with Commissioner Miller about charities and political activities.
2. Sign up Now: Phone Forum on Election Year Rules for EOs
Don't miss this timely forum for 501(c)(3)'s, as well as other tax exempt organizations, scheduled for June 9, 2008, and repeated on June 10. Preregistration is required.
3. Advisory Committee to Meet, Welcome New Members
The TEGE Advisory Committee (ACT) will hold a public meeting on June 11, 2008 and welcome eight new members.
4. Comments on Draft Redesigned 990 Instructions
The IRS is posting public comments on the redesigned 990 instructions on IRS.gov. The period for public comment closed on June 1, 2008.
5. e-File News
|E-File Statistics for Year-to-Date ending June 1, 2008|
7004 (for 1120-POL)