EO Update June 26, 2006
Issue Number: 2006-13
Inside This Issue
- Second Phase of New User Fee Schedule Effective July 1, 2006
- Fifth Report of the ACT was Released June 7, 2006
- Reminder: Separate Returns Need Separate Envelopes
- Nationwide Tax Forums
- e-File News
1. Second Phase of New User Fee Schedule Effective July 1, 2006
The IRS reminds organizations that user fees for exemption applications and determination letter requests are increasing July 1.
2. Fifth Report of the ACT was Released June 7, 2006
The fifth report of recommendations of the Advisory Committee on Tax Exempt and Government Entities (ACT) is now available.
3. Reminder: Separate Returns Need Separate Envelopes
The IRS advises exempt organizations and persons who prepare returns for them that an organization's annual return and its unrelated business income tax return (Form 990-T), if required, should be mailed in separate envelopes. This will help to reduce errors and expedite processing of these returns.
4. Nationwide Tax Forums
The IRS will host a series of six tax forums across the nation for the benefit of tax professionals. The forums present the latest news and information from the IRS over three days of seminars and include programs of interest for those who represent tax-exempt organizations.
5. e-File News
Visit the Modernized e-file for Charities and Nonprofits homepage for up-to-date electronic filing information, including the requirement for more organizations to begin e-filing in 2007.
E-File Statistics for Year-to-Date ending
June 18, 2006
|7004 (for 1120-POL)||24|