EO Update May 2, 2007
Inside This Issue
- Correction to Filing Instructions for the 2006 Form 8868
- TY 2006 EO Returns - Supplemental Information
- New Phone Forum on Gaming and Exempt Organizations
- Statistical Information About Tax-Exempt Organizations
- e-File News
1. Correction to Filing Instructions for the 2006 Form 8868
Clarification has been made regarding use of Form 8868, Application for Extension of Time To File an Exempt Organization Return. All corporations filing the unrelated business income tax return must use Form 8868 to request the six-month extension.
2. TY 2006 EO Returns - Supplemental Information
The EO webpage has been updated with a series of questions and answers supplementing the Form 990 and 990-EZ instructions.
3. New Phone Forum on Gaming and Exempt Organizations
The IRS invites tax professionals and representatives of tax-exempt organizations to participate in a Phone Forum on Gaming and Exempt Organizations. The forum will be presented on May 23, 2007 and repeated May 24, 2007. These forums are being offered at no charge to participants, and will be reserved on a first-come, first-served basis. Pre-registration, via AT&T Teleconference Services, is now open. For more information and to register online, please go to the Calendar of Events on the IRS homepage for Charities and Nonprofits.
4. Statistical Information About Tax-Exempt Organizations
New instructions for using EO Master File data are now available.
5. e-File News
Exempt organizations are reminded that for tax years ending on or after December 31, 2006 the electronic filing requirement is expanded. Visit the Modernized e-file for Charities and Nonprofits homepage for up-to-date electronic filing information.
E-File Statistics for Year-to-Date ending
April 29, 2007
|7004 (for 1120-POL)||80|