EO Update September 15, 2006
Issue Number 2006-17
Inside This Issue:
- Correction to Form 1023 Due Date
- Western Conference on Tax Exempt Organizations
- Exempt Organizations Seeks Software Developers
- Determinations Guide Sheets
1. Correction to Form 1023 Due Date
An organization applying for section 501 (c) (3) tax-exempt status on or after December 1, 2006 must use the June 2006 version of Form 1023. The IRS will accept the October 2004 version of Form 1023 prior to December 1, 2006. A previous EO UPDATE provided an incorrect acceptance date for the old form.
2. Western Conference on Tax Exempt Organizations
The Tenth Annual Western Conference on Tax Exempt Organizations will be held on November 16-17, 2006 in Los Angeles, California.
3. Exempt Organizations Seeks Software Developers
Exempt Organizations is seeking partners for a one year beta test of its Cyber Assistant application. “Cyber Assistant” is a web-based tool that guides applicants seeking tax exempt status through the creation of IRS Form 1023, Application for Recognition of Tax Exempt Status under section 501 (c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. Responses will be accepted through October 11, 2006.
4. Determinations Guide Sheets
Exempt Organizations has issued guidelines to Exempt Organizations Determinations specialists on how to process certain requests.