EO Update September 20, 2007
Issue Number 2007-18
In This Issue:
- Information Reporting Change for Vehicle Donation Recipients
- Online Application for Employer Identification Number Now Available
- New "e-Postcard" Frequently Asked Questions Posted
- e-File Statistics
1. Information Reporting Change for Vehicle Donation Recipients
Notice 2007-70 provides updated filing information for recipients of qualified vehicle contributions that must file Form 1098-C, Contributions of Motor Vehicles, Boats and Airplanes, along with Form 1096, Annual Summary and Transmittal of U.S. Information Returns. Forms filed on or before December 31, 2007, should be sent to the Ogden Service Center; forms filed after 2007 should be filed with the IRS Service Centers in Kansas City, MO, or Austin, TX.
2. Online Application for Employer Identification Number Now Available
No more need to file a Form SS-4! Use the new online EIN Assistant to obtain an EIN online quickly and easily. Simply answer the interview style questions and receive your EIN immediately after validation is complete. You can even download and print your EIN confirmation notice.
3. New "e-Postcard" Frequently Asked Questions Posted
Get the most up-to-date answers to questions about the new annual electronic notice ("e-Postcard") requirement for small tax-exempt organizations.
4. e-File Statistics