EO Update September 7, 2005
Issue Number: 2005-12
Inside This Issue
- Disaster Relief for Victims of Hurricane Katrina
- Vehicle Donation Reporting Form Released
- Mark Your Calendars: Western Conference on Tax Exempt Organizations, November 17-18
1. Disaster Relief for Victims of Hurricane Katrina
The IRS has announced filing deadline relief and expedited procedures for new organizations established to provide disaster relief to victims of Hurricane Katrina. Check the IRS website for updated information about these and other IRS resources for hurricane victims, including Frequently Asked Questions about disaster relief.
2. Vehicle Donations: Reporting Form Released
IRS Form 1098-C, used by tax-exempt organizations to report contributions of qualified vehicles, is now available. Further information about donations of motor vehicles, boats and airplanes, including links to the new form and IRS guidance, can be found on the IRS website.
3. Mark Your Calendars: Western Conference on Tax Exempt Organizations, November 17-18
The Western Conference on Tax Exempt Organizations, jointly sponsored by Loyola Law School and the IRS Exempt Organizations Division, will feature EO Director Martha Sullivan and other speakers from the IRS, Loyola faculty, and tax professionals.
Check the Calendar of Events on IRS.gov/eo, or the conference website, for registration and other information.