Like - Click this link to Add this page to your bookmarks Share - Click this link to Share this page through email or social media Print - Click this link to Print this page
Exempt Organizations Select Check: Frequently Asked Questions
- What can I use Exempt Organizations Select Check for?
- What happened to the information that I used to look at in the electronic Pub 78, Auto-Revocation List and e-Postcard databases?
- What happened to electronic Publication 78?
- If it’s the same data, why did you change how we can find it?
- How do I use Exempt Organizations Select Check (EO Select Check)?
- In the past, the Auto-Revocation List was updated monthly, but the Pub. 78 data was only updated quarterly. Will Pub. 78 data continue to be updated quarterly on Exempt Organizations Select Check (EO Select Check)?
- Our organization’s tax exemption was auto-revoked. We applied for and received reinstatement of exemption, but the IRS reinstated our tax-exempt status just after the last monthly update of Exempt Organizations Select Check (EO Select Check). What should we do if a donor requests proof of our reinstatement before the next update?
- In the past, I’ve only been able to search the Auto-Revocation List by state. Will I be able to search the List by other categories on Exempt Organizations Select Check (EO Select Check)?
- What are Exempt Organizations Select Check (EO Select Check)’s improvements to the 990-N (e-Postcard) search?
- Can I rely on Exempt Organizations Select Check to find an organization’s foundation classification or whether contributions to an organization are deductible?
- My organization’s tax-exempt status was reinstated, but I can’t find my organization on Exempt Organizations Select Check (Pub. 78 Data) or the Exempt Organizations Business Master File extract (EO BMF). Why not?
View and print all FAQs (Adobe).
Return to EO Select Check home page.
Page Last Reviewed or Updated: 16-Dec-2014