The Director, Exempt Organization Rulings & Agreements periodically sends memoranda to the Director, Exempt Organizations Examinations and all Area Managers, or to Manager, Exempt Organizations Determinations, to highlight recent developments in the law.
- Memorandum providing guidance on processing of requests regarding Type III supporting organization status in light of the issuance of final and temporary regulations (December 28, 2012). - Revised 2/7/13.
- Directive on Booster Club Dues and Non-Exempt Activity, clarifying Program Manager Technical Assistance (PMTA) of November 24, 2010, Booster Club Fundraising. (June 27, 2011).
- Memorandum providing guidance on processing of requests regarding Type III supporting organization status in light of the issuance of proposed regulations (September 25, 2009).
- Directive relating to examination of cases involving allegations of political activity on the Internet as part of the Political Activity Compliance Initiative (July 28, 2008).
- Directive for cases involving hospitals that help staff physicians acquire electronic health records software (May 11, 2007)
- Supporting Organizations IRC Section 509(a)(3) (September 24, 2007)
- Exclusive Provider Arrangements and UBIT (August 14, 2001)
- Section 45B Credit (November 27, 2000)
- Section 45B Credit (January 13, 2000)
- Royalties - Mailing Lists and Affinity Credit Cards (December 16, 1999)
- Political Organization Raffle Income (December 1, 1999)