Release Memo January 8, 2013
Exempt Organization Software Developers
We have posted updated XML Schemas and Business Rules for the EO forms to IRS.GOV for Tax Year 2012 (Processing Year 2013).
Tax Year 2012 Schema Versions
- Form 990 family (990, 990EZ, 990PF) -- Version 2.1
- Form 990-N -- Version 1.2
- Form 8868 -- Version 1.2
- Form 1120-POL – Version 1.3
These changes are operational in ATS on December 31, 2012; and in Production on January 7, 2013.
The schemas are posted by form type and version number. "Diff Files" are included that show the changes from the previous schema versions.
Business Rules are posted, by form type and version number, in two different formats that contain identical information – Adobe (.pdf) and comma separated file (.csv). A column within the file identifies changes made from the last version to help clarify changes made.
- Form 990 Family (990, 990-EZ, 990-PF), Version 2.1 -- Shared forms.
- Form 990-N -- efileAttachments file.
- Form 8868 -- efileAttachments file.
- Form 1120-POL -- Shared forms.
If you have any questions, please contact Tiwana Holland from the EO e-file team (202) 283-8798.