Like - Click this link to Add this page to your bookmarks Share - Click this link to Share this page through email or social media Print - Click this link to Print this page
TIGTA Recommendation #6
Details and Status
Last updated: January 31, 2014
|6||Develop training or workshops to be held before each election cycle including, but not limited to: a) what constitutes political campaign intervention versus general advocacy (including case examples) and b) the ability to refer for follow-up those organizations that may conduct activities in a future year which may cause them to lose their tax-exempt status.||Director, Exempt Organizations||01/31/2014||Completed|
* Green = On schedule, Yellow = Behind schedule, Red = Significant issues
- Training materials are completed. Formal training course numbers have been assigned for 6a: as Political Campaign Intervention and Other Advocacy and 6b: as Referral of Cases to EO Exam Classification. Training will be held before each federal election cycle. This recommendation is closed.
- Draft training materials are in final stages of review and are on schedule to the meet estimated completion date.
- 6a - Review process is nearing completion
- 6b - Lesson outline has been developed and is in review
- Team continues to develop training materials and methods of delivery.
- Training has been incorporated into FY14 training plan.
- 6a - Team has prepared initial draft for the Basic training course. (The final version of the course will be provided to all employees in FY14).
- 6b - Interim Guidance on Referrals to EO Examinations was issued on September 10, 2012. Referrals will go directly to exam classification.
- Team continues development of training materials.
- Internal virtual learning program applications will be used to schedule and monitor training.
- Training will be incorporated into the FY14 training plan.
- Project team consisting of Subject Matter Experts and Learning and Education members was identified.
- Two meetings were held to determine specific scope of training materials and identify necessary tasks for implementation.
- Engaged Determinations Manager to initiate development of training material and establish delivery timeline
- TEGE Counsel agreed to review training materials produced
- Training to be delivered as needed, and in particular close in time to next election cycle
Page Last Reviewed or Updated: 31-Jan-2014