ITG FAQ #2 Answer-Where do I get forms and publications?
From your personal computer, you can access the IRS's Internet Web Site 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to:
- download forms, instructions, and publications;
- search publications on-line by topic or keyword.
CD-ROM. Order Publication 1796, Federal Tax Products, on CD-ROM and get:
- current year forms, instructions, and publications;
- prior year forms, instructions, and publications;
- popular forms that may be filled in electronically, printed out for submission and saved for recordkeeping;
- the Internal Revenue Bulletin.
Buy the CD-ROM on the Internet at www.irs.gov/cdorders or call 1-877-CDFORMS (1-877-233-6767) toll-free. You can also order forms and publications by calling 1-800-TAX-FORM (1-800-829-3676) Monday through Friday, 7:00 am to 10:00 pm (local time zones apply). Most forms and publications are available at your local IRS office.