Like - Click this link to Add this page to your bookmarks Share - Click this link to Share this page through email or social media Print - Click this link to Print this page
Capital Gains, Losses and Sale of Home
Top Frequently Asked Questions for Capital Gains, Losses and Sale of Home
- What is the basis of property received as a gift?
- If I sell my home and use the money I receive to pay off the mortgage, do I have to pay taxes on that money?
- How do I report the sale of my second residence?
- How do I figure the cost basis when the shares I'm selling were purchased at various times and at different prices?
- I purchased stock from my employer under a § 423 employee stock purchase plan and received a Form 1099-B for selling it. How do I report this?
- Do I need to pay taxes on the additional stock that I received as the result of a stock split?
- How do I calculate the average basis for the sale of mutual fund shares?
- I received a 1099-DIV showing a capital gain. Why do I have to report capital gains from my mutual funds if I never sold any shares?
- Is the loss on the sale of my home deductible?
- I own stock that became worthless last year. Is this a bad debt? How do I report my loss?