Like - Click this link to Add this page to your bookmarks Share - Click this link to Share this page through email or social media Print - Click this link to Print this page
Property (Basis, Sale of Home, etc.)
- What is the basis of property received as a gift?
- If I sell my home and use the money I receive to pay off the mortgage, do I have to pay taxes on that money?
- If I exclude the gain on the sale of my former principal residence this year, can I take the exclusion again if I sell my new principal residence in the future?
- A property was my principal residence for the first 2 of the 5 years ending on the date of the sale of the property. For the last 3 years before the date of the sale, I held the property as a rental property. Can I still exclude the gain on the sale, and, if so, how should I account for the depreciation I took while the property was rented?
- How do you report the sale of a second residence?
Category: Capital Gains, Losses and Sale of Home