Like - Click this link to Add this page to your bookmarks Share - Click this link to Share this page through email or social media Print - Click this link to Print this page
Stocks (Options, Splits, Traders)
- How do I figure the cost basis of stock that has split, giving me more of the same stock, so I can figure my capital gain (or loss) on the sale of the stock?
- How do I figure the cost basis when the shares I'm selling were purchased at various times and at different prices?
- How are reinvested dividends reported on my tax return?
- How do I compute the basis for stock I sold, when I received the stock over several years through a dividend reinvestment plan?
- How do I report participation in a § 423 employee stock purchase plan on my tax return?
- I purchased stock from my employer under a § 423 employee stock purchase plan. Now I have received a Form 1099-B from selling it. How do I report this?
- Should I advise the IRS why amounts reported on Form 1099-B do not agree with my Form 8949 for proceeds from short sales of stock not closed by the end of year?
- Do I need to pay taxes on the additional stock that I received as the result of a stock split?
Category: Capital Gains, Losses and Sale of Home