Like Share Print
Child and Dependent Care Credit & Flexible Benefit Plans
- My spouse and I both work and are eligible for the child and dependent care credit. Can I include the expense of my 5 year-old son's private kindergarten tuition as a qualified expense on Form 2441, Child and Dependent Care Expenses?
- Why did I receive a Form W-2 reporting a benefit of $3,000 in Box 10 when my employer set aside $3,000 in wages for dependent care under a dependent care benefit plan?
- My babysitter refused to provide me with her social security number. Can I still claim the amount I paid her for childcare while I worked? If so, how do I claim these childcare expenses on my tax return?
- I am thinking of having a family member babysit for my two-year old child while I work. Who is responsible for paying taxes on the money I pay for this care? Can I claim this cost as a childcare expense even though my family member is not a registered day care provider?
- Do daycare payments for an elderly person qualify for the child and dependent care credit?
Category: Child Care Credit, Other Credits