Credit for the Elderly or the Disabled
Question: Can I claim the credit for the elderly or the permanently and totally disabled?
If you are a U.S. citizen or resident alien, you may qualify for this credit if before the end of 2014 —
- you were age 65 or older; or
- you retired on permanent and total disability and have taxable disability income.
Even if you meet the above tests, you cannot claim the credit if either of the following exceed certain amounts:
- your adjusted gross income; or
- the total of your nontaxable Social Security, nontaxable pensions, nontaxable annuities and nontaxable disability income.
- Publication 524, Credit for the Elderly or the Disabled
- Schedule R (Form 1040A or 1040) (.pdf), Credit for the Elderly or the Disabled
Category: Child Care Credit, Other Credits
Subcategory: Credit for the Elderly or the Disabled