IRS Logo
Print - Click this link to Print this page

Education Credits

Question: Can I claim an education credit if my filing status is married filing separately?


No, an individual with a filing status of married filing separately may not claim an education credit.

Additional Information:

Category: Child Care Credit, Other Credits
Subcategory: Education Credits

Please provide your feedback.

1. Was it easy to find your information within the above Frequently Asked Question?

2. How satisfied are you with the information provided within the above Frequently Asked Question?

3. If you still need help from the IRS, what would your next step be?

The OMB number for this study is 1545-1432.
If you have any comments regarding this study, please write to:
IRS, Tax Products Coordinating Committee
1111 Constitution Avenue NW
Washington, DC 20224