Like - Click this link to Add this page to your bookmarks Share - Click this link to Share this page through email or social media Print - Click this link to Print this page
Earned Income Tax Credit
Top Frequently Asked Questions for Earned Income Tax Credit
- My child was born and only lived 40 minutes. Can this child be my qualifying child for the earned income credit and the child tax credit?
- If the noncustodial parent receives permission from the custodial parent to claim a child on his or her tax return, is the noncustodial parent eligible for the earned income credit?
- Must I be entitled to claim a child as a dependent to claim the earned income credit based on the child being my qualifying child?
- If both parents want to claim the earned income credit, but were never married, who is entitled to claim the credit?
- Is child support considered earned income when calculating the earned income credit?
- Can Form 1040EZ be used to claim the earned income credit?