Like - Click this link to Add this page to your bookmarks Share - Click this link to Share this page through email or social media Print - Click this link to Print this page
Age/Name/SSN Rejects, Errors, Correction Procedures
Question: I filed electronically but my tax return was rejected. What do I do now?
There must be an error on your return. Please review the following:
- You should receive an explanation of why the return was rejected.
- If a mistake was made when entering a social security number, a payer’s identification number, omitting a form, or misspelling a name; the errors can be corrected and the return can be resubmitted electronically again with the IRS.
- Unfortunately, there are other errors that will cause you to have to file a paper return by mail.
- If you have further questions, call us toll-free at 800-829-1040.
- For general information about e-file, refer to Filing Your Taxes.
Category: Electronic Filing (e-file)
Subcategory: Age, Name or SSN Rejects, Errors, Correction Procedures