IRS Logo
Print - Click this link to Print this page


Question: Should self-employment taxes be paid quarterly or yearly?


If you are required to make estimated tax payments, the self-employment tax is paid by making quarterly estimated tax payments which include both income tax and social security tax.

Additional Information:

Category: Estimated Tax
Subcategory: Individuals

Please provide your feedback.

1. Was it easy to find your information within the above Frequently Asked Question?

2. How satisfied are you with the information provided within the above Frequently Asked Question?

3. If you still need help from the IRS, what would your next step be?

The OMB number for this study is 1545-1432.
If you have any comments regarding this study, please write to:
IRS, Tax Products Coordinating Committee
1111 Constitution Avenue NW
Washington, DC 20224