IRS Logo
Print - Click this link to Print this page


Question: When I file my taxes at the end of the year, how do I report the estimated payments I made during the year?


Take credit for all your estimated tax payments in the "Payments" section of Form 1040 (PDF), U.S. Individual Income Tax Return, line 63 or Form 1040A (PDF), U.S. Individual Income Tax Return line 37.  Also include in that line any overpayment from your prior year tax return that you had credited to your estimated tax for the year you are reporting.  You cannot file Form 1040EZ (PDF) if you are required to make estimated tax payments.

Additional Information:

Category: Estimated Tax
Subcategory: Individuals

Please provide your feedback.

1. Was it easy to find your information within the above Frequently Asked Question?

2. How satisfied are you with the information provided within the above Frequently Asked Question?

3. If you still need help from the IRS, what would your next step be?

The OMB number for this study is 1545-1432.
If you have any comments regarding this study, please write to:
IRS, Tax Products Coordinating Committee
1111 Constitution Avenue NW
Washington, DC 20224