Like Share Print
- I am a caregiver for my aging parent, who lives in my home. May I claim my parent as a dependent on my tax return?
- I am a caregiver for my aging parent, who lives in my home. May I file as head of household?
- I care for my parents in my home. My parents occasionally give me money to pay for their share of household expenses. Is this money taxable to me?
- I pay for some of my parent’s medical expenses. May I deduct these expenses on my return?
- My parent is suffering from dementia. As a result, I must cash his/her monthly social security check and use the proceeds for his/her care. What are the resulting tax consequences?
- My parent signed his/her home over to me. Does this transaction have to be reported to the IRS?
- I received a death benefit from my parent’s life insurance policy. Are these insurance proceeds taxable to me?
Category: IRS Procedures