Like Share Print
1099-DIV Dividend Income
Question: How do I report this 1099-DIV from my mutual fund?
- Enter the ordinary dividends from Form 1099-DIV (PDF), box 1a, on line 9a of Form 1040 (PDF), U.S. Individual Income Tax Return.
- Enter any qualified dividends from Form 1099-DIV, box 1b, on line 9b of Form 1040.
- If you have an amount entered in other boxes of your 1099-DIV refer to the Instructions for Schedule D (PDF) to see where to report them.
- If your only capital gains and losses are from capital gain distributions, refer to the Instructions for Form 1040 (PDF).
- If you had over $1,500 of ordinary dividends, you must file Schedule B (Form 1040A or 1040), Interest and Ordinary Dividends.
Category: Interest, Dividends, Other Types of Income
Subcategory: 1099 DIV Dividend Income