Like Share Print
1099-MISC, Independent Contractors, and Self-Employed
- I received a Form 1099-MISC instead of a Form W-2. I'm not self-employed and I do not have a business. How do I report this income?
- My son is a newspaper carrier. I would like to know if this income is subject to social security and Medicare taxes, and if I must file a Schedule C for him.
- I received a Form 1099-MISC with an amount in box 7, (nonemployee compensation). What forms and schedules should be used to report income earned as an independent contractor?
- What, if any, quarterly forms must I file to report income as an independent contractor?
- My child has joined AmeriCorps and has received an income statement. Are these payments taxable?