Like - Click this link to Add this page to your bookmarks Share - Click this link to Share this page through email or social media Print - Click this link to Print this page
1099-MISC, Independent Contractors, and Self-Employed
- I received a Form 1099-MISC instead of a Form W-2. I'm not self-employed and I do not have a business. How do I report this income?
- My son is a newspaper carrier. I would like to know if this income is subject to social security and Medicare taxes, and if he must file a Schedule C.
- I received a Form 1099-MISC with an amount in box 7 for nonemployee compensation. What forms and schedules should I use to report income earned as an independent contractor?
- What, if any, quarterly forms must I file to report income as an independent contractor?
- I received an AmeriCorps Education Award and have received an income statement. Are these payments taxable?