Like Share Print
Small Business, Self-Employed, Other Business
Top Frequently Asked Questions for Small Business, Self Employed, Other Business
- Can a husband and wife operate a business as a sole proprietorship or do they need to be a partnership?
- Must a partnership or corporation file a tax form even though it had no income for the year?
- What is the difference between a Form W-2 and a Form 1099-MISC?
- How do you determine if a worker is an employee or an independent contractor?
- As an employer, do I have any liability for social security and Medicare taxes if my employees receive tips but don't report them to me?
- If an employee claims more than 10 allowances on their Form W-4, does the employer have to report this to the IRS?
- Does a small company need a tax ID number?
- If I, a sole proprietor, pay personal expenses out of my business bank account, should I count the money used as part of my income? Can I write these expenses off?
- For business travel, are there limits on the amounts deductible for meals?
- We hired a nanny to look after our baby while we work. How do we pay her social security taxes and properly report her income?