Starting or Ending a Business
Question: I am starting a small business. What assistance can IRS give me?
When you’re running a business, you don’t need to be a tax expert too. But you do need some tax basics. We give you the information you need to stay tax compliant so your business can thrive. Put our knowledge to work for you.
- A good place to begin is the Starting a Business page on IRS.gov.
- The Small Business and Self-Employed Tax Center has information on taxes, recordkeeping, accounting practices, completing federal business and employment tax returns, and meeting other federal tax obligations.
- Take the Virtual Small Business Tax Workshop, a series of lessons to help you learn about your tax rights and responsibilities.
- Subscribe to e-News for Small Businesses and receive a bi-weekly email that will help you stay up to date.
- Bookmark our Online Learning and Educational Products page. Choose products such as the Tax Calendar desktop tool and view videos on a variety of topics, to help you learn even more about business taxes on your own time and at your own pace.
Category: Small Business, Self Employed, Other Business
Subcategory: Starting or Ending a Business