2011 Tax Year EITC Income Limits, Maximum Credit Amounts and Tax Law Updates
This page has the 2011 tax year income limits, maximum EITC amount and the EITC-related tax law changes. You can also access the information for:
2011 Tax Year
- $43,998 ($49,078 married filing jointly) with three or more qualifying children
- $40,964 ($46,044 married filing jointly) with two qualifying children
- $36,052 ($41,132 married filing jointly) with one qualifying child
- $13,660 ($18,740 married filing jointly) with no qualifying children
Tax Year 2011 maximum credit:
- $5,751 with three or more qualifying children
- $5,112 with two qualifying children
- $3,094 with one qualifying child
- $464 with no qualifying children
Investment income must be $3,150 or less for the year.
The Tax Relief and Job Creation Act signed into law December of 2010 provides a temporary increase in EITC and expands the credit for workers with three or more qualifying children. These changes are temporary and apply to 2009, 2010, 2011 and 2012 tax years.
The Education Jobs and Medicaid Assistance Act of 2010 signed into law August 10, 2010 repealed the Advance EITC. It was not available to workers after December 31, 2010.