HCTC: Information for Monthly Participants
The links below provide helpful information for managing your monthly HCTC account.
Make a Payment to the HCTC Program
Access this page to learn more about the HCTC payment process, including electronic payment.
Update your Account Information
This page provides information on how to make account updates for the monthly HCTC including:
- Adding or removing a family member from your account
- Changing information about your health insurance (e.g. premium change)
- Changing to a new HCTC qualified health insurance plan
- Switching eligibility types from TAA/ATAA/RTAA to PBGC
- Reactivating a recently cancelled account
- All other account updates
Tips for the Monthly HCTC
Access this page to view helpful tips to manage your monthly HCTC account.
Information About IRS Form 1099-H and how to Claim the Yearly HCTC
The HCTC Program sends IRS Form 1099-H to individuals who received one or more monthly HCTC payments or reimbursement credits during the year.
- IRS Form 1099-H reflects the amount the HCTC Program paid on behalf of an individual directly to their health plan. This form should be kept with the individual's records, not filed with a federal income tax return. Please note that monthly HCTC participants who have family members with their own HCTC Account Numbers and separate insurance policies, will receive one consolidated IRS Form 1099-H. This consolidated 1099-H will show the amount paid on behalf of the participant and all family members.
- If you are a current monthly HCTC participant, but made additional payments directly to your health plan during the tax year while you were eligible for the HCTC, you can claim the Yearly HCTC for these payments.
Return to the HCTC Program home page.
Go to the HCTC Quick References page to view a glossary of terms, FAQs and additional resources.