HCTC: Information for Rapid Response and One Stop Teams
As partners at the local level, Rapid Response and One Stop Teams play a significant role in communicating the HCTC to others. When working face to face with trade-affected individuals on a daily basis, you have an opportunity to provide important information on the benefits of the tax credit and how to receive it.
This page explains how your agency interacts with the HCTC Program and provides the answers to some “hot topic” questions we’ve received.
Rapid Response Teams
Rapid Response teams meet with newly trade-certified companies and their workers to discuss the benefits available to them, including the HCTC.
How You Help
- Introduce the HCTC
- Ensure TAA recipients--including ATAA and RTAA-- are aware of the HCTC as an available benefit.
- Reference the NEG Contact List for state programs available to help pay for individuals' health plan premium costs while they are registering for the monthly HCTC.
- Distribute HCTC materials
One Stop Teams
One Stops are agencies at the local level that work directly with trade-affected individuals. These include:
- Career Services Centers
- Job Link Centers
- Workforce Development/Solutions
How You Help
- Help individuals register for the monthly HCTC
- Work with trade-affected individuals to confirm their eligibility.
- Help eligible individuals fill out the HCTC Monthly Registration Form provided with their HCTC Eligibility Kit.
- Share key program information and updates
Frequently Asked Questions
We offer a full list of answers to frequently asked questions pertaining to your work and involvement with the HCTC Program.
Return to the Partners page.