Multi Year TCE Grant Recipient
Welcome! We are excited to have you as a grantee! We look forward to the coming year.
- Grant Award Notification – Here you will find the actions you need to take during the 20 calendar days following notification to confirm your acceptance of the grant and to establish your payment account.
- Orientation - Take a moment to review the VITA/TCE Orientation Webinar for program highlights within 20 days of award notification.
Managing the Grant:
Now that you have the grant, it is time to ensure your processes for managing the funds are in place and that you can access the funds on-line. The following requirements must be maintained each year to continue as a multi-year grant recipient.
- Maintain tax compliance
- Comply with all reporting requirements
- Meet Minimum Returns Expected (MRE) Goal
- Check out the Grant Management resource guide for useful aids.
- Link to the Payment Management System to access your grant funds, request funds and report funding information.
Closing the Grant:
- Final Report Requirements – Find out what to do when the project period ends and it is time to submit the final report.
Continuation of Multi-year Grant:
Multi-year grant recipients will receive notification of continued eligibility from the Grant Program Office in late April. If you are eligible to continue as a multi-year recipient you will follow the abbreviated application process. If you are not eligible or if the multi-year period on your agreement indicates period 3, follow the application process at Applying for a TCE Grant to reapply for a multi-year grant. Publication 1101 provides a step-by-step guide.
Checklist for abbreviated application process:
The items indicated below should be included in the application. Please label the application by the names indicated in the Publication 1101 before submission.
- Standard Form 424, Application for Federal Assistance, Indicate “Continuation” in block 2 of the form.
- Proposed Program/Budget Plan Narrative Only required if there are changes needed from previous year’s submission
- Form 8653, TCE Application Plan – Proposed Budget Information
- Standard Form LLL, Disclosure of Lobbying Activities (if applicable)
- Download the application by following system instructions on Grants.gov.
- Complete the application as directed in Publication 1101.
- All applications and required attachments MUST BE submitted through Grants.gov and must pass validation in Grants.gov on or before May 31.
Notification of Grant:
The Grant Program Office will notify applicants of their acceptance or rejection of a grant award by email. If not awarded a grant, general information is provided on why the applicant was not selected. Notification is scheduled for August 31. An applicant that is eligible for multi-year continuation will not be subject to the technical evaluation and will receive notification of award and funding earlier than applicants awarded under the competitive process.
- Standard Form 424, Application for Federal Assistance - This form is required for all grant applications.
- Standard Form 425, Federal Financial Report (FFR) Cash Transaction Report – Used for reporting quarterly and final period financial information through the Division of Payment Management (DPM).
- Form 8653, TCE Application Plan – Used for reporting proposed budget information.
- Form 8654, TCE Semi-Annual/Annual Program Report – Used to report budget expenditures semi-annually and annually. In addition, a narrative report must accompany both the Form 8654 Semi-Annual and Form 8654 Annual Report. See Publication 4883, Grant Programs Resource Guide for more information.
- Standard Form LLL, Disclosure Form to Report Lobbying - This form is only required if applicable.
- Publication 1101, Application Package & Guidelines for Managing a TCE Program
- Publication 4883, Grant Programs Resource Guide –Assistance in understanding requirements of the VITA and TCE Grant Programs.
- Publication 1084, IRS Volunteer Site Coordinator's Handbook – Guidance on managing and operating a VITA site.
- Publication 3189, Volunteer e-file Administration Guide –Guidance on electronic filing in the VITA and TCE Programs.
- TCE Grant FAQs - The most frequently asked questions regarding the application process
- VITA /TCE Grant Application Process Overview - This document is an overview of the grant opportunities and guidance on submitting an application for a grant.
- Civil Rights/Reporting Requirements – Get an overview of the Civil Rights and reporting requirements for grant recipients.
- Grants.gov - Online federal grant announcement and application system.
- Office of Management and Budget – Circulars governing the administrative requirements, cost principles, and audit requirements for grant recipients.
- System for Award Management (SAM) - SAM is the primary registrant database of contracts and assistance awards for the federal government and is a free web site that consolidates the capabilities you used to find in CCR/FedReg, ORCA, and EPLS.
- Sub-award Reporting - Reporting of first tier sub-awards. Please refer to the Terms and Conditions Addendum, Form 13981 for guidance on reporting sub-awards.
- State Review Required under Executive Order 12372 - Allows each state to designate an entity to review proposed federal financial assistance and direct federal development. Visit the web site to determine whether your state participates.
Contact the TCE Grant Program at email@example.com