Like - Click this link to Add this page to your bookmarks Share - Click this link to Share this page through email or social media Print - Click this link to Print this page
Outreach Corner Archive
- IRS can help when disasters strike
- Check your withholding: Put more money in your pocket now and prevent tax bills later
- IRS strengthens ITIN application requirements
- The IRS Fresh Start Program can help you pay your taxes
- Looking for a new job? You may be able to deduct the cost on your tax returns
- Invest in Your Future
- Use Your Refund to Save
- IRS Data Retrieval Tool is now available for 2012.
- Attention Veterans: Tell employers about possible tax credits for hiring you
- The Adoption Tax Credit helps you with your qualified adoption expenses
- Find Answers online with the Interactive Tax Assistant
- Free File-It's Fast, it's Safe, it's FREE
- Look-up tool for first-time homebuyers
- Order A Transcript
Health Care Information
- Health care coverage now reported on your 2011 W-2s is not taxable
- Pay attention to changes for healthcare savings programs.
- Understand your employer's retirement plans
- Take the step to become a tax volunteer – a chance to touch many lives
- Find out which of your moving expenses may be tax deductible
- You can get copies of your tax return and tax account information online
- Expanded Adoption Tax Credit still available for October 15 filers
- Get real about retirement savings
- The IRS speaks many languages
- Keeping good tax records is important
- Wedding Season is in Full Swing
- Your kids might be able to earn you some credits
- Take advantage of opportunities to save for retirement
- Introducing the Dirty Dozen- the IRS names the 2012 worst tax scams
- Learn more about paying your taxes
- Where's my Refund?
- Free File - Do Your Own Taxes for Free
Are you taking full advantage of your employer's match?
- The IRS may have money waiting for you
- Should I itemize or take the standard deductions?
- Need more time to file your income taxes? Consider an extension
- Find FREE tax preparation near you
- Free Do-it-yourself Tax Help at Volunteer sites
- Tax information for single parents and first-time tax filers
- EITC - Tell someone
- How to choose a preparer and FREE tax help options
- Are You Paying College Expenses? You may be missing out on tax benefits
- Earned Income Tax Credit can put money in your pocket. 200 words; 400 words
- Disability and EITC
- Free Volunteer Income Tax Assistance Locator
- AARP Foundation Tax-aide Locator
You May Get a Saver's Credit for Contributing to an IRA
Now is the time to start a retirement plan - Colorful illustration
Rollover Chart - A flyer showing how to move money from retirement plans and IRAs.
IRS Releases the Dirty Dozen Tax Scams for 2012
- A First-time Homebuyer Credit Lookup Online Tool
- The IRS may have a refund check for you
- Where to get IRS forms and publications to prepare your taxes
- IRS multilingual assistance is at your fingertips
- Saving energy can save you money
- Subscribe to IRS Tax Tips
- Filing Season begins and FREE tax preparation is available
- Deducting medical expenses: A little different for people with disabilities.
- Protect yourself and your Social Security benefits - Don't become a victim of a tax scam.
- Innocent Spouse - 2 year rule change
- Reporting reminders for 2010 Roth conversions and rollovers
- Retirement contributions may qualify you for the Saver's Credit
- Introducing the IRS Video Portal
- How can you make a difference? Consider preparing taxes as a volunteer.
- IRS can help when natural disasters strike
- Making Work Pay Tax Credit - Avoid refund delays when you claim the MWP Credit on your tax return.
- Year-end reminders for IRA owners
- Maximize your retirement savings in 2012
- Charitable contributions may help lower your tax bill
- Recordkeeping makes sense
- Can't pay your tax bill? An Offer in Compromise might be the answer
- Are you an innocent or injured spouse?
- 2010 legislation extends individual tax credits through December 31, 2012
- You can now get copies of tax returns and transcripts online
- It may not be too late if you made a mistake.
- Are you an employee, self-employed or an independent contractor?
Employee and Retirement Plans
- Leaving your job? What to do with your retirement plan balance.
- Self-Employed? You still can be in a retirement plan
- Let tax free compounding help you save more for your retirement.
- Here are some benefits of participating in your employer's retirement plan
Audio/Video – Perfect for websites, emails, meetings and more
- Multi-media news release: IRS Free File available until Oct. 17 ( Spanish format)
Flyers/Brochures – Perfect for handouts, mailings and postings on boards or walls
Publication 4705, Mortgage Debt Forgiveness brochure (English)
Publication 4705-SP, Mortgage Debt Forgiveness brochure (Spanish)
- Have not filed a tax return in years? It is not too late. The IRS speaks many languages.
- Did you receive a notice from the IRS about your Adoption Credit claim?
- Use the IRS Withholding Calculator to adjust your withholding Looking for a new job?
- Where’s My Refund?
- Volunteers may need to pay taxes too. Did you receive a letter from the IRS? The IRS explains miscellaneous income. The Taxpayer Advocate Service is here to help.
- Do you need to pay estimated taxes? Find out here.
- Use the IRS Withholding Calculator to adjust your withholding. Looking for a new job? You may be able to deduct costs. Where’s My Refund?
- IRS Open House – Saturday, July 16
- Do you need a midyear retirement savings check-up?
- Here's what every student needs to know about summer jobs and taxes.
- Child/Dependent Care Credit? Claim summer day camp and child care expenses
- Wedding season is in full swing!
- Protect yourself from identity theft
- Student loans - Applying for student loans is now easier
- Do you need a midyear retirement savings check-up?
- Volunteers may need to pay taxes too.
- Stop struggling and get a fresh start – Help is available.
- Do I benefit from itemizing my deductions?
- Here are must-know rules for SIMPLE IRA owners.
- Meet the Dirty Dozen – The IRS names the 2011 worst tax scams.
- Top 10 Differences Between a Roth IRA and a Designated Roth Account – a flyer with a side-by-side comparison.
- Special Edition Tax Tip 2011-1, Feb. 10, 2011, Why employees and retirees may see changes in payments and withholding.
- Donate to qualified Japan relief funds Don't lose out on unclaimed money. Put federal tax refund to work Invest in your future. What to do if you're missing your W-2 Download the IRS2GO mobile application
- EITC Central – Find newsletter articles for people with and without children, empty-nesters etc. along with basic marketing and communication material.
- Take credit for saving – Retirement Savings Contribution Credit Contribute to Individual Retirement Accounts (IRAs)
- Join the plan – Invest in your retirement!
- April 18 is fast approaching. There's still time and free help.
- Where's the nearest FREE tax preparation site?
- Find answers to tax questions online– Interactive Tax Assistant
- Volunteer sites provide free tax return preparation.
- IRS Free File – It’s fast. It’s safe. It’s free.
- Save for the future – Buy U.S. Saving Bonds with your tax refund.
- Use IRS e-file and get your refund faster using direct deposit.
- Be an EITC Ambassador – Spread the word about this important tax credit. ( Word version)
- EITC can put money in your pocket – See whether you qualify for this credit. ( Word format)
- Free File Toolkit – Everyone can use Free File – It's fast. It's safe. It’s free.
- Make taxes easier – Start planning today! Unemployed? Struggling to meet your financial obligations? The IRS can help. ( Word format)
- Single Parents – Tax information for single parents and first-time tax filers
- Withdrawing money from your 401(k) plan? Read this first.
- IRS Open House – Saturdays, Feb. 26 and March 26
- Need Copies? Here's how to get copies of tax returns and transcripts.
- Charitable qualified distributions are back.
- Rollover to a Roth IRA or designated Roth account – You may have a choice.
- The Making Work Pay Credit is still working for taxpayers.
- Los Impuestos y Usted (Taxes and You) – Watch Jan. 30 on Telemundo TV network
- Disaster Assistance – What to do if you need financial help after a natural disaster
- Did you forget your tax refund from 2009? ...It may be waiting for you.
- What's a Widget? Portable, on-screen tools that you can place almost anywhere online.
- 2011 Tax Podcasts – Download IRS audio files, in English and Spanish, to use for podcasts.
- Videos are hosted on the YouTube channel and are available in English, Spanish, ASL with captions and voice-over.
- 401(k) Plans – Can you afford to borrow from your 401(k) retirement plan?
- Year-end check-up for Individual Retirement Account owners
- 2010 Tax Podcasts
- Publication 3125, IRS Does Not Approve IRA Investments - an important message for taxpayers with Individual Retirement Arrangements (IRAs)
- Check Withholding Amount – Making Work Pay Credit is still working for you.
- Tax Obligations? Haven’t filed your personal tax return yet? The IRS can help.
- Volunteer to help in your community – Become a VITA volunteer!
- Adoption Tax Credit – The Adoption Tax Credit helps defray qualified adoption expenses
- Charities - Help your favorite local charities stay tax-exempt
- Retirement - Major life events can affect your retirement
If I'm receiving disability benefits, will I be eligible for EITC? ( PDF format)
Summer camp - Can I cut my tax bill? ( PDF format)
First-time Homebuyers Credit - there's still time! ( PDF format)
ARRA tax benefits still available...
People can use Free File until October 15 (Multi-media release)
Haven't filed a tax return in years? Link to this 1-minute IRS video on You Tube from your Website to let people know about filing for any unclaimed tax refunds.
Publication 4742, Let’s Talk – Haven’t Filed a Tax Return in a while? - (Tri-fold brochure in English and Spanish that explains what people can do if they haven't filed a tax return in a while.
Publication 4750, Let’s Talk - (Poster in English and Spanish for use by organizations that sponsor free tax assistance sites.)
What happens if I lose my job?
Let IRS break down communication barriers - Get tax help in your language
How do I file a tax return if I don’t have a Social Security Number? (Spanish version below.)
¿Cómo puedo presentar una declaración de impuestos si no tengo un número de seguro social?
IRS Nationwide Tax Forums - Sign up now and get a discount!
Do you need to adjust your W-4? Check it out!
Should you estimate your tax payments?
Where's My Refund?
Learn about estimating tax payments
IRS has help for unemployed taxpayers.
Assistance extended on paying for health insurance after job loss.
Do you owe federal taxes? You have several payment options.
VITA and TCE Grant application season begins
Spread the Word about e-file and FreeFile to your constituency. Become an e-vocate with videos, widgets and more!
American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 - Reach out to the public to provide information on the law. This page contains IRS marketing products that you may find useful in your outreach efforts.
Publication 4766, Making Work Pay Tax Credit & Form W-4 Withholding Certificate (Available in electronic format only)
- April 15 is fast approaching…but there’s still time and there’s free help!
- Don't Lose out on Unclaimed Money
- Need to Adjust Your Withholding?
- Widgets for your website
- Claim 2010 Haiti Donations on 2009 Tax Return
- Drop-in Article - COBRA Subsidy
- Extra Help for Unemployed Taxpayers
- IRS Offers Saturday Help on March 27
- IRS Seeks Help to Spread the Word for March 27
- IRS Tax Assistance Day flyer (ENG)
- IRS Tax Assistance Day flyer (SP)
Page Last Reviewed or Updated: 11-Mar-2015