Preview of 2013 EITC Income Limits, Maximum Credit Amounts and Tax Law Updates
Here is a preview of the 2013 tax year income limits, maximum EITC amount and the EITC-related tax law changes. You can also access this information for:
Preview of 2013 Tax Year
Earned Income and adjusted gross income (AGI) must each be less than:
- $46,227 ($51,567 married filing jointly) with three or more qualifying children
- $43,038 ($48.378 married filing jointly) with two qualifying children
- $37,870 ($43,210 married filing jointly) with one qualifying child
- $14,340 ($19,680 married filing jointly) with no qualifying children
Tax Year 2013 maximum credit:
- $6,044 with three or more qualifying children
- $5,372 with two qualifying children
- $3,250 with one qualifying child
- $487 with no qualifying children
Investment income must be $3,300 or less for the year.
For more information on whether a child qualifies you for EITC, see Qualifying Child Rules or Publication 596, Rules If You Have a Qualifying Child.
The American Tax Relief Act of 2012 extends the relief for married taxpayers, the expanded credit for taxpayers with three or more qualifying children and other provisions to December 31, 2017.