Single Year TCE Grant Recipients
Welcome! We are excited to have you as a grantee! We look forward to the coming year.
- Grant Award Notification – Here you will find the actions you need to take during the 20 calendar days following notification to confirm your acceptance of the grant and establish your payment account.
- Orientation - Take a moment to review the VITA/TCE Orientation Webinar for program highlights within 20 days of award notification.
Managing the Grant:
Now that you have the grant, it is time to ensure your processes for managing the funds are in place and that you can access the funds on-line. In order to be considered for subsequent grant opportunities the recipient must:
- Maintain tax compliance
- Comply with all reporting requirements
- Meet Minimum Returns Expected (MRE) Goal
- Check the Grant Management resource guide for useful aids
- Link to the Payment Management System to request, access and report funding information
Closing the Grant:
- Final Report Requirements – Find out what to do when the project period ends and it is time to submit the final report.
- Standard Form 425, Federal Financial Report (FFR) Cash Transaction Report – Available in the Payment Management System and is used for reporting quarterly and final period financial information through the Division of Payment Management (DPM).
- Form 8654, TCE Semi-Annual/Annual Program Report – Used to report budget expenditures semi-annually and annually. In addition, a narrative report must accompany both the Form 8654 Semi-Annual and Form 8654 Annual Report. See Publication 4883, Grant Programs Resource Guide for more information.
- Publication 1101, Application Package and Guidelines for Managing a TCE Program
- Publication 4883, Grant Programs Resource Guide –Assistance in understanding requirements of the VITA and TCE Grant Programs.
- Publication 1084, IRS Volunteer Site Coordinator's Handbook – Guidance on managing and operating a VITA site
- Publication 3189, Volunteer e-file Administration Guide – Guidance on electronic filing in the VITA and TCE Programs.
- TCE Grant FAQs - The most frequently asked questions regarding the TCE Grant process.
- Civil Rights/ Reporting Requirements - Get an overview of the Civil Rights and reporting requirements for grant recipients.
- Division of Payment Management – Provides the on-line payment management system for funds request, disbursement, and reporting.
- Office of Management and Budget – Circulars governing the administrative requirements, cost principles, and audit requirements for grant recipients.
- System for Award Management (SAM) - SAM is the primary registrant database of contracts and assistance awards for the federal government and is a free web site that consolidates the capabilities you used to find in CCR/FedReg, ORCA, and EPLS.
- Sub-award Reporting - Reporting of first tier sub-awards. Please refer to the Terms and Conditions within the Cooperative Agreement, Form 9661, for guidance on reporting sub-awards.
Contact the TCE Grant Program at firstname.lastname@example.org