Single Year VITA Grant Recipient
Welcome! We're excited to have you as a grantee. We look forward to the coming year.
- Grant Program Resource Guide - Here you will find the required actions you need to take during the 20 calendar days following notification to confirm your acceptance or decline of the grant award. Please refer to the section titled, "Required Actions for Acceptance or Decline of Grant Award."
- Orientation - Take a few moments to view the VITA/TCE Orientation video for program highlights by October 20.
Managing the Grant:
Now that you have the grant, it's time to ensure your processes for managing the funds are in place and that you can access the funds on-line.
- My responsibilities as a single year recipient - In order to be considered for subsequent grant opportunities the recipient must:
- Maintain tax compliance
- Comply with all reporting requirements
- Meet minimum returns expected goal
- Grant Management - Check the Grant Programs Resource Guide for useful aids in grant management.
- Accessing Grant Funds - Use the Payment Management System to request and report funding information.
- Identify Contacts - Keep us informed of the individuals to contact regarding your grant.
Closing the Grant:
Final Reporting Requirements - Find out what to do when the project period ends and it's time to submit the final report.
- Standard Form PPR, Performance Progress Report - This is the cover sheet for the final report.
- Standard Form PPR-A, Performance Measures - This form is used to report on your organization's performance.
- Standard Form PPR-B, Program Indicators - This form allows you to report on your organization's performance by program indicator.
- Publication 4671, VITA Grant Program Overview and Application Instructions
- Publication 4883, Grant Programs Resource Guide - Assistance in understanding requirements of the VITA and TCE Grant Programs.
- Publication 1084, IRS Volunteer Site Coordinator's Handbook - Guidance on managing and operating a VITA site.
- Publication 3189, Volunteer e-file Administration Guide - Guidance on electronic filing in the VITA and TCE Programs.
- VITA Grant Workbook - The workbook provides templates for use in reporting prior year performance, proposed returns, sites, focus, matching funds, budget detail information, and reporting cash sub-awards or third party transactions.
- VITA Grant FAQs - The most frequently asked questions regarding the VITA Grant process.
- Civil Rights/Reporting Requirement Highlights - Get an overview of the civil rights and reporting requirements for grant recipients.
- Division of Payment Management - Provides the on-line payment management system for funds request, disbursement and reporting.
- Office of Management and Budget - Circulars governing the administrative requirements, cost principles and audit requirements for grant recipients.
- System for Award Management (SAM) - SAM is a free web site that consolidates the capabilities found previously in the Central Contractor Registration (CCR) and the Excluded Parties List System (EPLS). Organizations interested in applying for the VITA or TCE grants must maintain an active registration in SAM. It also contains information on organizations and individuals that are excluded from receiving federal funds.
- Sub-award Reporting - Reporting of first tier sub-awards. Please refer to the Terms and Conditions Addendum, Form 13981 for guidance on reporting sub-awards.
Contact the VITA Grant Program at Grant.Program.Office@irs.gov.